The free self-preparation guide for Software Engineering Interview Preparation
To prepare for a Software Engineering job interview, you must plan ahead of time and implement with dedication.
It would be best to concentrate on the fundamental subject frequently asked in a software engineering job interview, which is data structure and algorithms. You must go over all of the data structure subjects one by one and solve many questions. However, you must first concentrate on the topics listed below and devote adequate attention to them.
Almost all major companies, whether Google, Facebook, Microsoft, or Amazon, look for candidates' data model and algorithm skills and how optimized code they can create during a software job interview.
Follow these preparation tips for your Software Engineering Interview.
1. Conduct thorough research on the organization and the desired job profile.
Learn about the company background, vision and mission, specific job profile, required skills, number of interview rounds, services, products, etc.
2. Master the necessary technical skills
Study different programming language
Algorithms and Data Structures
3. Prepare as many programming problems as feasible: To become comfortable with the types of programming problems posed in the interview rounds, one must do several programming questions on the subject beforehand.
4. Be prepared to answer questions about technical projects: Recruiters ask the applicant questions about their projects to evaluate the candidate's technical proficiency and other non-tech skills.
5. Do practice test: Go through the blind75 list of top questions - allocate and complete two questions a day. You can find more practice sets on LeetCode, Career Cup, Glassdoor, and other websites. Participating in competitive programming is another wonderful and indirect method for preparing for interviews.
6. Practice mock interviews. Create a study circle with a group of 3 - 4 friends and do mock interviews within yourselves. Mock interviews allow applicants to assess their preparation and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
If you need assistance with your preparation, enroll in Interviews Master's Online Bootcamp, the first-of-its-kind, detailed interview preparation programme designed and taught by FAANG mentors and employees.